A-ok Custom Tattoo & Body Piercing
608 N Main St. Roswell, NM 88202
Immediately Following Tattoo Procedure:
1st week of healing: Apply ice to treated area for 2-3 minutes (over bandage/clothing). Ice helps reduce swelling and aids in healing.
Leave bandage on for as long as it will remain sealed around tattoo, then remove with soap and water. AFTER REMOVING BANDAGE :
Either REAPPLY ANOTHER TEGADERM BANDAGE, immediately after washing and drying, with no ointment applied. You may continually use tegederm bandages (only) for up to 7days.
OR, FOLLOW #1 (-KEEP BANDAGE PERMANENTLY OFF: continue to #1-#8.)
OR BLACK BANDAGE
Leave BLACK bandage on for 1-4 hours after procedure, AFTER REMOVING BANDAGE FOLLOW #1 & 2.
1st week of healing: Apply ice to treated area for 3-5 minutes (over bandage/clothing). Ice helps reduce swelling and aids in healing.
For 30 Days Following Tattoo Procedure:
1. Gently cleanse the intradermal area with a mild fragrance/color free soap and lukewarm water (TWICE DAILY).
- Rinse with water and lightly pat the area dry with a clean cotton towel or let air dry.
- Do not expose treated area to full pressure of the water in the shower.
- Absolutely NO HAND SANITIZERS, cleansing creams or chemicals.
2. Wash hands with antibacterial soap ALWAYS before applying ointment/lotion daily in a very thin layer.
-Apply provided A&D ointment for first 1-2 days, use fragrance/color free lotion for remaining healing time.
-This is especially important AFTER CLEANSING and before bedtime OR when feels tight/itchy.
(ALWAYS WASH HANDS BEFORE APPLYING LOTION TO TATTOO - IT IS AN OPEN WOUND - NO TOUCHING)
3. Absolutely no scrubbing. Do not pick at the epithelial crust; allow it to flake off on its own.
4. Do not immerse or soak treated area in bath, swimming pool or hot tub FOR 30 DAYS.
-Do not swim in fresh, salt or chlorinated water.
5. Do not expose treated area to the sun or tanning beds for 90 days. (UV light can scar your open wound)
6. Clean, loose, pre-washed cotton CLOTHING IS MANDATORY OVER TATTOO FOR 90 DAYS:
AFTER 30 DAYS tight clothing may be worn daily for 100% sun protection
– DO NOT USE ANY BANDAGES other than what artist has instructed/ NO saran wrap, guaze ETC.
7. DO NOT REMOVE HAIR WITHIN OR NEAR TATTOO BY SHAVING, PLUCKING OR WAXING FOR 30 DAYS after getting tattoo.
8. FAILURE TO FOLLOW POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS may cause undesirable effects, like loss of pigment, discoloration or infection.
Remember, colors will not appear as bright during healing period (45-90 days) as they will when your skin has fully rebuilt itself. Please consult artist within 90 days of procedure - If necessary, an appointment for a touch up procedure may be made between 4 and 6 weeks following the initial procedure at no extra charge, if given aftercare is followed.
Please consult your artist first with any issues or changes made in healing your body art. Also, Please consult health care provider for unexpected redness, tenderness or swelling, any rash, unexpected drainage, or a fever (within 24 hours of the body art procedure).
IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CALL (575) 622-TAT2 same # for after hours.
Enjoy your custom tattoo!
Thanks,A-ok Tattoo Crew